For Administrative, Mt. Hamilton, UCO shops, and TMT Travel, contact:
For all contract and grant related travel (except TMT), contact:
54 cents per mile
For your convenience, we have calculated the round trip mileage from UCSC to the following destinations. If you begin or end your trip at home, you have the option to claim the actual number of miles driven.
Rates effective January 1, 2016.
San Jose: $36.72
Mt Hamilton: $58.86
Mileage Reimbursement Limits:
If you choose to drive rather than fly on a long trip, mileage reimbursement is limited to equivalent airfare. Must be pre-approved, before travel.
Meals & Incidental Reimbursement:
Claim actual costs for meals and incidentals up to $74 per day.
Travel of Less than 24 hours:
Travel is not reimbursed unless trip includes overnight stay, evidenced by a lodging receipt.
Travel of Less than 30 Days:
- Traveler is away more than 24 hours
- Traveler is away less than 30 days
- Travel within continental US
- $74 maximum daily meal reimbursement
- Not a per diem; based upon actual expenses
Travel of More than 30 Days:
- Traveler is away more than 30 days
- Phone or email your Travel Contact for allowance
Please note: UCSC Accounting requests that all receipts are submitted with post travel form.
UC Car Rental Agreements
Per UCSC Accounting, please review the UC Systemwide Contracts.