- Simulation of sign installation outside the Automated Planet Finder. Photo by Laurie Hatch.
Thanks to our amazing friends and supporters, we reached our fundraising goal for the installation of a self-guided educational walking tour at Lick Observatory. In just 24 hours, we exceeded our $10,000 match to raise $20,455 from 89 gifts as part of the UC Santa Cruz Giving Day.
We're hard at work designing the new walking tour. Here are the benefits to come:
- Permanent signage at 12 historic locations around Lick Observatory's telescopes and grounds.
- Walking tour will highlight historical information and scientific achievements for UC and California
- Walking tour will have educational information to appeal to visitors of all ages
- Walking tour will improve the visitor experience for 30,000 people who visit every year
For 127 years, Lick Observatory has defined the cutting edge of astronomical research, technological development and public education. Our paramount goal is to continue these pursuits now and well into the future.
Stay tuned for more exciting information about Lick Observatory. Thank YOU for your support.