Based on recommendations of the UCO Advisory Committee and the TAC
Attach a clear, up-to-date discussion of the scientific goals of the proposed observations, including what new science will be learned, its overall astrophysical significance, and how it relates to past work in the field. Please limit the text to two pages (12 font or larger; single-spaced) with up to two additional pages for figures and references; up to one additional page describing progress to date should be included if this is a resubmission.
Include the following subheadings:
1. Targets and Exposures: Specify targets or fields and their coordinates, magnitudes (if known), exposure times, and justification for lunar phase and number of requested nights.
2. Backup Program: Provide a short abstract of backup program(s) for poor observing conditions.
3. Supplementary Observations: If supplementary observations from other observatories (including Lick or space) are needed, please describe. Specify how essential are the other data for completion of program. Make clear the role of non-UC collaborators and list any of their time at other observatories that may be part of this project.
4. Status of Previously Approved Keck Programs: Review status of previously approved programs, including Title, PI, number of allocated nights, status of data and analysis, and an estimated time to publication.
1. Path to Science from Observations: Explain briefly the path from observations to the science, including plans for how the data will be taken, reduced, and analyzed. If theoretical models or other data are needed, specify how will these be acquired.
2. Technical Concerns: When appropriate, specify technical concerns or problems and enough information on how they will addressed so the TAC can evaluate the feasibility of the project.
3. Experience and Publications: Brief account of experience of proposer(s) with instrument and science. Please provide up to a one page list of publications relevant to proposal. Mark those using Keck or Lick data with an asterisk (*).
4. Resources and Publication Timescale: Please describe what resources such as computing and personnel and grant funds will be applied to this project. What is the expected timescale for publications?